BioTrust Radio #20
Published Date: 14th March 2018
Podcast Duration: 33 minutes
Podcast Title: Why Diets DON’T Work (try THESE 4 things instead)
Presenters: Shawn Wells and Tim Skwiat
Why Diets DON’T Work (try THESE 4 things instead)
You Can Also Listen To The Full Podcast on Biotrust’s own Website HERE
Do you feel like you’ve been on a never-ending search for the “best” diet? Are you sick and tired of losing weight only to gain it all back—and then some? Chances are good that you’ve been on the weight-loss rodeo tour with more than your fair share of yo-yo dieting. After all, at least 95% of weight loss attempts fail. But why? In this episode of the BioTrust Radio health and fitness podcast, we’ll take a deep dive into why diets don’t work, and better yet, exactly what you should be doing instead. Enjoy!
In this episode of the BioTrust Radio health and fitness podcast, Shawn and Tim cover the controversial topic of why diets don’t work. They’ll dig deep into why most people have trouble sticking with a diet, struggle with weight regain, and feel like they’re constantly yo-yo dieting.
Do yourself a favor and tune in as Shawn and Tim delve into what actually works for long-term weight loss and for keeping weight off. Here’s what you can expect to learn more about:
- What it means when we say diets don’t work. For most people, it’s not just about losing weight; it’s about keeping weight off.
- Even though it’s cliché, it’s comes back to lifestyle changes and behavior modification.
- One of the biggest factors is mindset. Most people go into it with the mindset that the diet is short-term. That thought process is self-sabotaging. You’re already telling yourself that you only have to eat healthy for a limited/fixed period of time.
- Behavior modification is key because long-term weight loss comes back to building healthy habits.
- Instead of a complete overhaul of lifestyle, focus on working on one or two things at a time.
- Diets are short-term; healthy living is a practice just like being a great athlete, artist, mom, or business person.
- Instead of viewing past experiences as failures, view them as learning experiences. How can all of your previous dieting “failures” actually be used in your favor? Failures are just part of the experiments in this journey called life.
- Get rid of the all-or-nothing mindset and attitude. Being healthy is NOT black and white. We’re not perfect.
- Identify your triggers, including emotional (e.g., stress) and your environment (e.g., TV) triggers.
- On the flipside, identify your positive triggers. What things, people, or places trigger healthy behaviors? Highlight the bright spots.
- Look at the people around you. Are they supportive, encouraging, and helping you maintain accountability? Or, are they toxic and bringing you down?
- Look at how you’re talking to yourself. Do you find yourself engaging in self-sabotaging talk? Or, do you focus on words of affirmation?
- And much, much more!
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember…you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body
Hat Tip to Biotrust Nutrition.