High-quality protein powder is essential for weight loss and muscle building. Some people also use protein powders as meal replacements so it’s important to know what you are getting. Below are a few things for you to consider when buying protein powder:
- Carbohydrates: The best protein powder will be very low in carbohydrates. There should be no more than 4 grams of carbohydrate and 4 grams of fiber per serve. This means you are getting a high quality protein powder without paying for expensive fillers.WIkiPedia – Diet
- Protein: Whey protein is one of the most popular products on the market. This is because it easily absorbed and repairs muscle tissue quickly. Casein is another protein which digests slowly and gives you more energy throughout the day. The best protein powders will combine whey and casein to give you the best results. BioTrust protein powder takes it one step further. This company combines four protein sources which include: whey protein, micellar casein, milk protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. If you looking for a top quality protein powder that will give you all the nutrition you need you can’t go past that BioTrust low carb protein powder.
- Additives: Avoid protein powders which contain artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors and preservatives. Consuming these products is not good for your health. Find a protein powder that is free from these additives and uses ingredients like organic Stevia as a sweetener.
- Artificial hormones: Whey protein and milk protein concentrate are both made from cow’s milk. The only way to ensure you are not getting artificial hormones like rBGH and rBST in your powder is to buy an organic brand. If you are a woman these hormones can lower your thyroid levels. For men they lower testosterone levels. So it is incredibly important to stay away from these artificial hormones.
- Time-release blend: Time release blends are much better for you. They will feed your muscles for a longer period of time. This is really important as it sustains energy throughout the day. When taken after a workout before going to bed time release blends work to repair muscles while you sleep.
We hope you have found this article informative and it will help you choose a protein powder that is right for you.
12 Week Body Transformation